BoDeans Baking Group is not only the leading high-quality cone, cookie, and wafer supplier for ice cream shops, yogurt shops and quick serve restaurant chains; we’re also one of the best places to work in Plymouth County, Iowa. We offer an energetic, climate-controlled work environment that smells like cookies and sounds like fun. Complete with competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and flexible scheduling, employment at BoDeans means you have control over your paycheck, your career, and your life.
We currently have an opening for an Operator, an important member of our team who is responsible for the operation of a variety of equipment used to produce our entire line of wafers, cookies, and cones. Operators ensure all of our products are baked and packed according to the correct size, shape, color, and crispness.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT ON THE JOB:
- Help maintain mechanical operation of equipment with minimal scrap.
- Serve as backup operator for other operator positions.
- Responsible for quality control of finished products, ensuring they meet customer specifications.
- Accurate labeling, recording and reporting.
- Physical activity that could include lifting, pushing, or pulling up to 30 pounds. You will need full and repeated use of your hands.
- A little bit of math. We use mathematical formulas and concepts to ensure consistent product development.
- Full and open communication with Management/Team Leaders.
- Independent work and thought, with a fair bit of empowerment.
- An exhaustive musical playlist. Dance moves optional.
- A clean, climate-controlled environment with light to moderate noise levels.
- Cool safety goggles.
- Pay increases after 60 days and annual raises thereafter.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Wellness Benefits, Voluntary Benefits (STD, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospitalization, Supplemental Life Insurance), and Vision Discount Program
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- A high-school diploma or equivalent. Prior operator experience is a plus.
- Work quality that is both high quality and highly efficient
- Quick-learning and self-direction.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Active participation in team meetings.
- A firm grasp of math and a willingness to learn new things.
- Open communication with team members and managers.
- Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences.
Starting Pay $15/hr; Extra $1/hr
Starting Pay $13/hr; Extra $1.50/hr
Working for BoDeans is more than just a job; it’s a way to set your life on a course for success while learning new things and having a pretty good time in the meantime. Interested?