BoDeans Baking Group is not only the leading high-quality cone, cookie, and wafer supplier for ice cream shops, yogurt shops and quick serve restaurant chains; we’re also one of the best places to work in Plymouth County, Iowa. We offer an energetic, climate-controlled work environment that smells like cookies and sounds like fun. Complete with competitive pay, exceptional benefits, and flexible scheduling, employment at BoDeans means you have control over your paycheck, your career, and your life.
Love to work with your hands? We currently have an opening for a Hand Packer, a valued position in our production line responsible for packing finished wafer products, quality control, and pallet onboarding.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT ON THE JOB:
- Repetitive work packing wafers into packaging for shipping.
- Responsible for monitoring quality and reporting concerns as necessary.
- Accurate labeling, recording and reporting.
- Physical activity that could include lifting up to 40 pounds as well as pushing or pulling up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis. You will need full and repeated use of your hands.
- A little bit of math. We use mathematical formulas and concepts to ensure consistent product development.
- Full and open communication with Management/Team Leaders.
- Independent work and thought, with a fair bit of empowerment.
- An exhaustive musical playlist. Dance moves optional.
- A clean, climate-controlled environment with light to moderate noise levels.
- Cool safety goggles and the latest in latex glove styles.
- Pay increases after 60 days and annual raises thereafter.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Wellness Benefits, Voluntary Benefits (STD, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospitalization, Supplemental Life Insurance), and Vision Discount Program
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- A high-school diploma or equivalent. Prior operator experience is a plus.
- Quick-learning and self-direction.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Active participation in team meetings.
- A firm grasp of math and a willingness to learn new things.
- Open communication with team members and managers.
- Adherence to the company attendance policy is required, which includes expectations of punctuality and limited unapproved absences.
Second Shift - Full-Time
Starting Pay $13/hr; Extra $1/hr
Third Shift - Full-Time
Starting Pay $13/hr; Extra $1.50/hr
Working for BoDeans is more than just a job; it’s a way to set your life on a course for success while learning new things and having a pretty good time in the meantime. Interested?